Please Evaluate My Website

4 replies to this topic

#1 Whis2056

Whis2056

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:55 AM

www.greaterrichmondpartyrentals.com What do you think?

#2 ADB

ADB

Has No Life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2636 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:14 AM

It's a great start to get your information out there!   When I was in business I made my own website too!  If you want to save yourself money invest in a how-to for HTML and CSS.  It is money worth investing.  If you don't want to take up the challenge you can look into online reservation software. I was a tight-wad (and I love learning) so I made my own 12 page site; and took reservations the old fashioned way, a phone call, pen and a reservation book.

Learn to use Heading and Bold tags.  Google likes those!  Google will take into account that it's more important information and use it to evaluate your site geared toward keywords that people search for. 

For your page titles, use keywords that customers would use on Google.  Again, relevance to Google. People do not search just for "Products and Pricing", so use words like bounce house rental or moonwalk rental along with location and/or business name.

Use Image tags within your photos.  Image tags are used as keyword relevance to Google.  Image tags are those words that 'pop up' when you hover over an image.

Make each rental page unique because of keywords!  ConcessionsMachineRentals.com (even thou you only have one type of  machine at the moment), because customers will likely search in google "sno cone machine rental your location". Also BounceHouseRental.htm and TablesAndChairsRental.htm  etc. etc.  Why because google use the page names as (drumroll) keywords!

Personally, even thou I know many business owners don't do this, I would make a separate Specials.htm page and a ReserveNow.htm page. with directions on how to reserve.  Google likes one topic per page.  Yup, because of the keyword thing!

You don't have to jump all on this at once, take your time. And do it right.  You've got a great start!

#3 K.E.C. Bob

K.E.C. Bob

Has No Life

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:27 AM

are you using using an ecommerce site or just forms?

When you get bigger I would look at ers or similar

#4 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

Hey there... you're going to need to give this site a little TLC to get it to the point where you'll be competitive in the Richmond market. You need to make sure the navigation for the site is intuitive for visitors, and even though you're just getting started, add images of your actual units to the home page. when folks do find your site, you're going to have about 4 to 5 seconds to let them know what you have to offer and show that you're capable of delivery professional services. Because you don't have a lot of inventory yet, you can use your home page as a collective presentation of your rental items and allow visitors to click through to more detail on each item as secondary pages. Since you're using Inflatable office you could also use their WordPress plugin which would allow you to use optional WP themes that "for now" would give you a more professional design (see the IO gallery of designs there are also hundreds of templates and options on the market at reasonable prices. Most under $70). This also gives you the ability to let people start a quote or shopping cart without the extra clicks of having use the IO Quote page (More of a standard online shopping experience). The way you have it now, it gives the impression of leaving the original site to go to another site. That's never good for conversion. If you didn't want go that route you can also customize the IO quote page so it looks more like your current site. Lots to learn in the process, so if you would like some assistance or advice, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. Richmond is a very competitive market so you'll need to bring your "A" game.

All the best...

#5 davidchannal

davidchannal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

Honestly, not good.

1. navigation isn't working (I can't click it on Chrome)

2. provide more details of the rental products

3. missing favicon

4. make visitors able to search on your site

5. you have a page for table and chair, but the url is wrong

6. your website seems simple, but behind the scenes, it loads lots of unused codes (you can press ctrl and u to see the source codes)

7. and more......

You may wanna hire a web designer and a seo

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users