• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 charliebst

charliebst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

We do a lot of pork chops biggest problem we have is having to be there on time for the delivery and on time for the pickup. Although we've been successful over the years it's just gotta be a better way. I was wondering if either Bounce House companies have any kind of delivery window if they require or how they handle parts for on-time jobs. Any comments are appreciated
  • Joryiktisp likes this

#2 Just 4 Jumping

Just 4 Jumping

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1764 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

yes, logistics and scheduling for park jobs sucks, try having a high minimum amount for all park jobs to make it worth your time, or only offer certain time slots for all park jobs.

#3 Fern

Fern

Vinyl Changed My Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

2 hour window for pick up and delivery. $50 fee & $250 minimum. We really try to avoid them.

#4 allstarinflatables

allstarinflatables

Dish Washer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2604 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

time restriction fees.....

#5 ADB

ADB

Has No Life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2636 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:19 AM

If you get a lot of business for parks you could hire someone just for parks.  Offer the delivery/driver a percentage, that way you aren't passing up the business/income.  If you have a guy that is 'near' the park and doesn't do much on a weekend anyway, he might appreciate the extra cash in their pocket. Of course, you need to hire someone you can trust that isn't going to to take your idea and run with it either.

I try to work in a delivery time that works with the customer.  I might have to deliver another party early in order to 'accommodate' the park customer.  Tell them they can give me a pick up time, however, they can call if they want it picked up early, but depending on where I'm at, it could be over an hour before I could get there, and to NOT leave it alone. (because it becomes a free-for-all for anybody in the park;or possibly the blower getting taken, and they are responsible for it. Most of the time, saying that, will deter anybody wanting to abandon your equipment.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users