92 replies to this topic

#1 Cos

Cos

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

Anybody know what it is called? Simple little machine that rolls up huge slides with straps? It has a winch attached. I am getting tired wrapping up by hand.

#2 Matt_SD

Matt_SD

I'm that guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Is this what you are looking for?

Link

Edited by Matt_SD, 18 August 2011 - 12:11 PM.

• JumpAndJamLi likes this

#3 Cos

Cos

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

No. This was a winch attached to a contraption that rolled the slide up by pulling both straps in. It was at the iaapalooza.

#4 benfleet

benfleet

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

There is another machine that I have seen that rolls by inserting a bar inside of the roll, 2 long arms are then attached to the side of the bar with stabilizer feet. The bars are then pulled back and forward on a ratchet that releases on the back stroke / rolls on the forward. At the end the bar collapses and is pulled form the unit. Only seen this once but it looked interesting.

#5 a2fire2i

a2fire2i

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

http://moonwalkforum...=1
LazyRoller.com

#6 bestjump

bestjump

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

You actually don't need much to do it. I've gotten really good at rolling inflatables with a winch and two straps. I have my winch and battery mounted to a small hand truck. I use this method to deal with waterlogged inflatables or when I have to pick up something over 400 pounds by myself. I've even used the winch to help make the final fold on a water slide and to load the inflatable on the dolly.

#7 abc123

abc123

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

You actually don't need much to do it. I've gotten really good at rolling inflatables with a winch and two straps. I have my winch and battery mounted to a small hand truck. I use this method to deal with waterlogged inflatables or when I have to pick up something over 400 pounds by myself. I've even used the winch to help make the final fold on a water slide and to load the inflatable on the dolly.

bestjump,

Could you post some pics or better, a video of your setup. I would like to check it out. Also, did you make your straps or by them for kids attractions or whoever it was selling those things??

#8 bestjump

bestjump

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

I use two 27' long heavy duty ratchet straps, minus the ratchets. The advantage to using two seperate straps is that you don't have to have them under the inflatable before you do the setup, you just push them under the edges after folding. I will get some pics and a video for you this weekend.

#9 Cos

Cos

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Cool.

#10 abc123

abc123

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

I use two 27' long heavy duty ratchet straps, minus the ratchets. The advantage to using two seperate straps is that you don't have to have them under the inflatable before you do the setup, you just push them under the edges after folding. I will get some pics and a video for you this weekend.

Thanks BJ. I have always wanted to see these in action by somone other than a company/person selling these. Very much appreciated.

#11 bestjump

bestjump

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

Here is the video I promised:

#12 americanbounce

americanbounce

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1671 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

That is awesome is there a way to make the winch run off a 110v plug then you won't need to recharge the batteries

#13 bestjump

bestjump

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

That is awesome is there a way to make the winch run off a 110v plug then you won't need to recharge the batteries

You can buy a 110 volt winch, or you can just hook a 12 volt winch up to a battery charger. By the way, I run this winch on power wheels replacement battery bought off eBay. They are sealed, so no acid leaks and they are small. I can roll several inflatables before recharging.

#14 bestjump

bestjump

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Thanks BJ. I have always wanted to see these in action by somone other than a company/person selling these. Very much appreciated.

You're welcome... but please don't call me "BJ". ;) It's Gary.

#15 Maximum Dolly

Maximum Dolly

http://www.MaximumDolly.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

Great job with the video. Was a good watch

#16 JLMnwlks

JLMnwlks

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

That's awesome Gary. Thanks for posting a video.

#17 dbrigs

dbrigs

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

That video is so awesome.
-Emily

#18 Repair Guy

Repair Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for the video. I use a 110v system to roll up after I complete repairs. The 110v hoists run at 30fpm where the 12v winches run at 6 fpm. I make the dual strap with adjusters so you don't have to retie when the hook reaches the winch. You just pay out the cable and shorten the straps as it unwinds and then forward again. My wife and I can roll up the largest of slides, up hill without any issues. Saves allot of back work and pain. Again, thanks for the video!!

#19 bestjump

bestjump

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:45 AM

Thanks, guys!!!

The winch I use is from harbor freight, on sale right now for $119. http://www.harborfre...rake-68145.html

It pulls at 23 fpm's with no load, and rolling an inflatable does not come anywhere near it's load capacity of 3000 pounds.

#20 BounceAboutPartyRentals

BounceAboutPartyRentals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3416 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

I think I now have a "man crush"... After watching this video, I am going to build one of these for each of my trucks and trailer. This thing is freaking awsome...... My guys are going to send you thankyou cards after they see this video and use our new EZERrollers.... Oh, and don't get excited Gary, I was only joking about the "man crush"....lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users