Most Liked Content

#19390 Growth!

Posted by AkaReaper on 20 June 2006 - 04:46 AM

Worth reading. Grab some coffee.

I have a feeling this is going to be a long post. But, it seems like one I need to make after watching quite a few people in this business expand and grow. This can be done in the wrong way, and there are some things you need to keep in check or failure is a sure result.

A business plan is the best thing you can have. I don't mean a general idea of what you want to do, or how you would like to grow, but an actual written plan outlining all of your purchases, expenses, marketing plans, projected revenue and yearly expected growth. This should encompass at least 3 years, and preferably 5. Consider inflation, losses, equipment replacement and cash reserves. Stick to it. Leave room for both CONTROLLED expansion and REDUCTION. Yes, sometimes you have to reduce the size of your business.

Cash or credit? The easiest way to buy gear is to whip out the plastic and expect to pay for it later. Its our nature and we do it to self satisfy our desire to "Have it now". We expect to pay it off after we earn the money but thats the lure into the trap. It is too easy to spend that money, make the minimum payment and eventually realize you are stuck with a big bill. For a small start up, maybe 3-5 thousand tops, it might be ok, beyond that I think its trouble.

So, cash is great. But where do you get it? A lot of guys I know don't have it. But, they have a few toys laying around the house. This is yet another trap. Its nice to have the cash to spend, but where did that cash come from? If you sell a car that you owned, for lets say 10 grand, and buy 10 grand worth of stuff, you can say your equipmewnt is all paid for. In some respect that is true, but you only have the equipment now instead of having the car AND the equipment. It was only a trade off. Nothing more. it does not put you ahead of the game. Our goal as business owners is to generate revenue AND keep our stuff, LOL. Avoid selling anything to pay for equipment if you have too. I know start ups are slightly different, but control how big you start and you will be ok.

Earnings well spent! This in my opinion is the best way to do it. Resist the urge to treat yourself or take the money and run. Don't do it. Pay for only those expenses that are incurred during business operations. I mean, grab some lunch once in awhile, or some pop, just don't run out and start buying 'Wants", purchase only "needs". With this money in the bank, as you grow with your business plan, you have the capital to purchase expansion equipment, pay your taxes, take care of equipment repairs that pop up and all teh important aspects of a successful business. Purchasing equipment with only the money you have earned gives you peace of mind and you don't owe anybody anything.

Taxes. Working for yourself costs a fortune. Taxes for us is outrageous. Make 20 grand, buy 20 grand in equipment and its not the total wash we think it is. We still have to pay federal and state income tax to an extent on that money earned, and if you spend it all, you may find yourself in deep trouble. I get audited all the time. This is by far my least favorite experience. These people are well trained. They know how to work the numbers better than every single one of us. They will look into every dime you have coming and going, and dig deeper and deeper if they find ANY discrepancy. So watch yourself in that aspect. I'll buy this, buy that and write it off. Its a tad more complex than that.

Insurance. If you have a policy that covers you for 50 thousand in gross revenue, make sure you add insurance if you earn more than that. I'll only report this much, and save myself. Let an insurance company audit your books, drop you for not disclosing true numbers, and then try and find another company to cover you. I made this, I made that, and your agent is watching what you made saying hmmnnnn. Thats more than what he is insured for. Do it right all the time.

June. Busiest month around for us. Probably the same for most in this area, maybe everywhere. We all hate to refuse business, and it seems like we could make a killing by soaking it all up. Another pitfall. Does it make sense to pay extra insurance, purchase gear, and use it for one month? Turn this away. Chances are it will sit most of the time. Only so many units can be handled by one company, andstriving to buy more just to cover grad season will lead to late deliveries, cancelled deliveries, upset customers and a bad name and reputation. All for what? One busy month? Rethink it folks.

This just touches on a few issues. I'm seeing too many people want to be like so and so, do what so and so is doing, buy what this company has, and you need to develop your own plan and use input to help guide you, nothing more. What works for some, does not work for everyone. I do not disclose all of our business ops for a reason. It isures our success in our market. So trying to do what someone else does can lead to trouble because you may not have all the info. Just be careful is all. I want to see everyone enjoy and succeed in this business.
  • Brian S., vidmagas, Roxborough Bounce and 14 others like this

#48374 Drivers, Employee's & Some Basics

Posted by AkaReaper on 31 August 2008 - 04:27 AM

Ok, before you send me nasty grams or anything I just want to say that I really do not care how you pay your employees, drivers, hired help, or whatever you call them. People will do what they want to do regardless. Just like unlicensed panels, units, etc., I suggest, but I don't care if you have them or not. I'm not the Moonwalk Police.

But, we always seem to get a lot of questions about drivers and hired help. So, I wanted to list some basics that you should know.

1. You can not pay them as independent contractors. The IRS does not recognize this in our industry. This has been seen first hand by myself, Edjewcollins, magicguy and many many others. So, just be prepared to pay the piper if you get caught. Upset employees who are fired may just dime you out.

2. Unemployment insurance. This varies from state to state, however in Michigan you must pay unemployment insurance. They do not consider it a seasonal business. That sucks, but thats their ruling. Check with your state. Better to pay now than later.

3. Workmans Compensation Insurance. Again, this is federally recognized so make sure you have something in place. Certain family members are exempt but if there is no relationship you must carry it. Watch your contracts with schools, churches etc. They may require it and can sue you for damages if your employee sues them for getting hurt on the job while on their property. Nice huh?

4. Taxes. Gotta pay them. Social security, state, federal, make it easy, use a pay check service if you must. No way around this. No, you can't 1099 them, remeber tip #1.

5. Car insurance. If they are using their own vehicle for work, you can still be held liable for any accident they incurr while working for you. Check to make sure your/their insurance will cover these mishaps. Its a wise idea to place commercial coverage on your vehicle and have them drive a company vehicle. Also make sure they have clean driving records. An insurance may cover an accident form someone not listed on the policy as a driver, but come renewal time they might not be so forgiving.

6. Overtime. Again, the NLRB, National Labor Relations Board will hammer you if you do not abide by overtime compensation rules. If you do not have a union contract or workers contract outlining overtime payment you are asking for trouble. Some states require anything over 8 hours in a day to be paid at an overtime rate, and some require it be paid for any time over 40 hours in a work week. You could try to consider them salary, but if they run to Uncle Sam you will probably lose.
  • speegosmums, onemoretime, infl8ogirl and 8 others like this

#201492 Hey Manufacturers...

Posted by bellasbouncies on 09 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

A long long long time ago when everyone exhibited at the BEST trade show, IAAPA, manufacturers seemed much more organized. I would receive an email with show prices, or a catalog in the mail with show prices. Now, all I get are a million emails about showing up at these inferior shows, AIR Show, and how I can get free VIP tickets valued at $125. How about sending out an actual catalog like you used to do? Or at least email me a catalog and price list. Or update your website with your new products the day the show starts? I shouldn’t have to look on Facebook to see people posting pictures of new products from the show floor.

I think the only exception to this is Ninja. They still mail out a catalog and price list, as well as, an email the day the show starts with a link to their catalog/pricing.

The rest of you need to step it up. You should want our business. We shouldn’t have to hunt you down because you chose to start some little regional show.
  • The Starz, weekend warrior, Sabrinas Party Rentals and 8 others like this

#206396 Made A Mistake On My Warehouse, Maybe....

Posted by bud on 28 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I have a 300 pound mother in law and part of her weight loss program is to wear my tarps like a cape and run like hell around the neighborhood.
  • The Starz, weekend warrior, bellasbouncies and 6 others like this

#190417 How To Compete -- And Win -- When Rivals Cut Prices

Posted by Amanzi on 03 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

This is worth a read: http://www.entrepren...article/222519# by BRAD SUGARS

If there’s one piece of advice I’d offer to any entrepreneur starting out, it’s this: Never
discount—no matter how much you may be tempted to— always look instead to add value.
Many seasoned entrepreneurs discount as a way of doing business, without ever really looking at their numbers or the real costs of cutting their prices. They’ll point to “discount” success stories like Wal-Mart or complain that the competitive landscape forces them to cut prices. While Wal-Mart, one of the great retail success stories of all time, has built its brand on low prices, most business owners don’t see the very real distinction between “low price” and “discount.”
Related: Death by Coupon

First off, a company like Wal-Mart knows every margin to the “nth” degree and can deliver low prices because it has created scalability based on the huge volume of products it sells. But very few companies have such pricing power. Unless you do, there are better ways to play the retail game than looking to compete against Wal-Mart.
If you don’t really know your margins or have any scalability on the cost side, straight discounts are a ticket to disaster, not only in terms of finances but also in people costs. In a discount environment, you are essentially setting your team up to work more for less money.

Here’s how …

Let’s say you’re selling a widget for $10 a unit, and your net cost is $7. Your net profit on each widget sold would be $3. If you sold 10 widgets at full price, your net profit would be $30.
Now let’s say you decide to have a sale with a 10% discount offer. After selling 10 widgets at $9, you have revenue of $90. The net cost for widgets remains constant at $70, but your net profit has decreased to $20.
That doesn’t seem too bad. Until we realize we need to sell 50% more widgets just to keep our profit dollars even, at $30.
Take a look: 15 units X $9 = $135
$135 - $105 = $30 profit
The numbers look worse the more we discount. At a 15% discount, we’d have to sell 100% moreunits (a total of 20 widgets) to keep our profits at $30:
Example:
20 units X $8.50 = $170
$170 - $140 = $30 profit
Would you really want to run a company where the pressure is on day-to-day to sell 100% more units just to stay even?
Now you can start to see why failure rates of businesses that continually discount are so high and why the burnout rates of their owners are equally bad.
Playing the discount game means you’re literally going into your company everyday to price yourself right out of business.

Related: Groupon, Other Deal Sites Not a Good Deal for Small Businesses

So what’s the solution?

1. Know your numbers and margins and protect your margins at all “cost.”
This simply means you need to know your cost basis at every level of your company andlook to lower it where you can. Then, at least, if you decide to offer a price incentive, you’re not cutting your own throat to do it.

2. Add to your value proposition at every opportunity.
While you shouldn’t discount, you should always look to add value, both real and perceived. That could mean bundling options or packages, or it could mean a better customer service experience. People are more willing to pay for good service these days than ever before.

3. Develop a growth rather than discount mindset.
The reality for any business is that you won’t ever be able to cut your way to success. You can cut costs only so far before some aspect of the business suffers. Growth is really your only option. So start to think of ways you can leverage your current resources in new or innovative ways. Reposition products or services, for example, with a private label at a higher price point.

Whatever you do, think twice about the ramifications of running a 10% off sale, unless you got a really great deal on your inventory. Just remember that “small” 10% discount means someone in your organization has to work 50% harder to earn the company the same dollars. At least in the beginning, that person will most likely be you.
Don’t fall into the trap of thinking if you don’t give discounts, you’ll lose sales. Look to add value and deliver an incredible experience for your customers. You’ll discover new ways to increase profits, while others find themselves caught in the discount trap -- and soon out of business.
  • BigTop Bouncers, BABT, Fern and 6 others like this

#202806 New Combo Unit Leans To The Right - Is This An Issue?

Posted by Unique Jumpers on 24 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hello, forum members. Many of you are probably waiting to see if and when Unique Jumpers would come in and speak regarding this issue. Well here we are.

When we received the email on Sunday, Sunday not being a regular business day we still went out of our way and made a phone call to our customer to discuss this issue. When we received the picture as a manufacturer the first thing we thought was what many of you mentioned the leveling of the ground. We know she has mentioned that it is due to the way the picture was taken that it looks that way but we have asked her to try and find a flat surface and she will be doing so I believe this weekend. We have also explained to her and too many of our customers that there is a slight tilt on all units tilting towards the inside (middle) and that all has to do with the safety and engineering part of the unit.

As one of you mentioned, and as many of you know we take a photo/video of every unit and email it before the unit is shipped out asking if there is anything that needs to be changed or if anything looks wrong with the unit. Following our routine we have done so with this unit and did receive the O.K. to ship out. And we are still willing to take care of this issue to keep our customer happy.

Quality and customer service comes first for us. We have pictures of this unit before it went out and don’t see anything wrong with the unit from the manufacturer’s point of view. Looking at our pictures of this unit and seeing nothing wrong with it we have offered this customer for us to sign off on a 5 year warranty covering the quality for this specific unit writing that we will cover anything that has to do with what she is mentioning at this time as a defect just to show that we stand behind the quality of our products and don’t want to leave any of our customers dissatisfied. We have also given her another option for her to send the unit back with shipping costs being covered by us and for us to get the unit back to her with the necessary changes.

We would like to thank all our customers and future customers for all the great advice and thank you for trying to help find a solution.
  • Jose', A Total Jump Inflatables, The Bounce House and 5 others like this

#196025 Mathematical Proof He Needs To Go.

Posted by BABT on 25 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Sigh.

It's interesting that these videos are all of black people, as if they represent every Black person in America. The media, as we all know, goes for shock value so they put the dumbest people on camera. Case in point: when I was in college, the news came and asked people just walking down the street some question about who was President at the time. I stood there and watched several people answer correctly, but when I watched the news, I only saw the people with the dumb answers. And reality tv was born.

My husband is a teacher with 2 masters' degrees. He has not received a raise in 4 years, and probably will not for the foreseeable future; meanwhile, the cost of our benefits has increased while the options have been removed. Is this Obama's fault? No, it's our state legislature. The President has very little power, it is the legislators, both at the federal and state level, who control everything. They are the ones who most affect your everyday living.

I agree that young people today expect a handout. They have had it too easy. They do not appreciate all of the work that has been done for them because they weren't alive to see it and don't value it. They think it's just supposed to happen. And it's not just black or hispanic kids so please stop with that. Grow up already.
  • Jose', The Bounce House, Fern and 5 others like this

#31551 Interesting and helpfull-advice for newbies

Posted by jump-o-leeen on 27 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

I thought this might be a interesting topic and be able to help people at the same time. If you would, give one and only one piece of advice to someone starting an inflatable buisness. Short and sweet...and to the point. No repeat answers please. Lets see where this takes us!
  • jamesenthan, Mandyzvi, Carnival Party Rentals and 4 others like this

#248756 The Ride Is Coming To The End...

Posted by rockwall man on 15 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hey all
I know I haven't posted here in a long time but I just wanted everyone to know that I have won the battle and am still here. I am no longer doing any party stuff due to a bunch of limitations I have. Life has really changed a lot for me on the last 7 months but I am just glad to still be here.
Jason
I will post a update in the next day with everything that has happened.
  • kenmartin, Dk-Rents, kidzplay and 4 others like this

#203455 Advice Request.

Posted by B N on 31 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Here is what I reccomend. Slow down!!!! Dude first see if you can handle what you have now. Even with 9 units if you market right you will be very busy. There will be plenty of time to get further into you vinyl addiction. To many to fast and you may burn yourself out. I started with 2 and built from there and I know I would have quit if I didnt start small. Even when I was at 6 I was busting my a$$ every sat and sunday working 20 hour days.

Now what to do with that extra $5-$8k take the family on vacation it will be the last one you get for a while.

Good Luck and enjoy your new fettish
  • dbrigs, AtlantaLarry, KeepitBouncin and 4 others like this

#200774 Anxious To Start!!

Posted by Big Bounce Parties on 30 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'd skip the donations.....especially to churches and schools.....these are your customers. Do you think a pew manufacture donates pews to churches? Do you think a text book company donates books to a school? If you want to give away inflatables I'd get a real job and rent them for such "causes".

If your pricing is right in-line with your competitors then I would stick with that...of course you have to make sure you're making money at that. Remember that you may be dedicating 4-hours of driving to a customer if you're offering free delivery up to a whole hour from your place.....then there's set-up/take-down, bull-XXXXXXXXXX with your customers, etc.....so it could be more like 5-hours per rental.....now if you have 2 guys in your vehicle at $10/hr.($12/hr.) after taxes, worker's comp., etc. you're now in for up to $120 in labor, then there's a half-tank of gas...another $40. So you have $15 after renting your combo......that should be enough to cover your credit card processing fees, website hosting/design, extension cords, someone to take the order in the first place, your advertising, liability insurance, vehicle insurance, uniforms, etc. But wait, there's more! Now it's rained on your inflatable and someone has to come in and set it up in your own yard to dry it out. Neighbor's are pissed, your association is upset, and now it's time to go find a commercial space at a higher rent rate.

Yes, you're nuts!
  • BABT, B N, RogerH and 4 others like this

#198194 Bad Customers

Posted by Just 4 Jumping on 20 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

i took the rental, then canceled a couple hours before the party started, saying your address is on our "do not rent" list that we share with local companies. Sounds dirty, but you do me wrong, i do you wrong.
  • The Starz, bellasbouncies, B N and 4 others like this

#196529 Cleaning Plastic Chairs

Posted by JLMnwlks on 01 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

I set all mine up in my bad yard right before it's gonna rain. I spray some simple green on them and go inside and drink some beer.
  • The Starz, Castle Party Rentals, B N and 4 others like this

#188116 Am I Working My Guys Too Hard???

Posted by the inflatable fun co. on 07 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

It really depends if your employees are Obama supporters then yes you are working them to hard.
  • MWC, Bountiful, Chicago MoonWalks and 4 others like this

#167197 Ers?S

Posted by Event Rental Systems on 11 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for all of the support guys. Yes, we had a death in the family last week so I'm still digging my way out of 500+ emails. It's clear I don't get on here often enough. I actually believe it's better if I just take care of customers but right now I'm referring to the fact that I just wrote a huge update for everyone and then lost everything because I started browsing without saving lol.

The shorter update...
Our sister company POSLAVU has hit it big and after 3 episodes of Kitchen Nightmares has been asked by Apple Computers to install their POS system into all of the Apple headquarters campuses around the world. Good news. The pos system was written by Corey, my partner who also wrote ERS so for those who want a solid POS system, it will be possible to integrate the two systems later this coming year.

Unfortunately, when Apple calls and you're a software developer you....well....you jump when they say jump. Guess what? They called right before IAAPA. Sigh. So, version 2.0 got thrown off track by several weeks. As mentioned by others already, we now plan on rolling out a "bare bones" version to beta testers in the next two weeks with a more flushed out version within approx 4 weeks. We are re-writing the engine to a software system that now has over 10,000 pages of code so this is no minor task.

Short Story is we should still be good to go to have everyone up and running before Spring hits us but we don't want to release junk software after all of this effort. So, when it's ready, it's ready. Please don't start a riot because of delays. We are working as fast as we can. We saw our first full demo as a team two nights ago and it's going to be VERY cool. Tons of flexability and features will be available with less effort as we move forward with development.

Features in Version 2.0:
The main menu will be a newly designed dashboad (it's very nice). Simpler to navigate and will have widgets that can be customized to show whatever you want. You can, for example, show your upcoming rentals, weather forecast, accounts receivables and best renters for the month all at once without clicking on anything. Cool huh?
Time is handled more smoothly with rentals crossing midnight as an option with no problems or restrictions
Unlimited pricing rules to handle even the strangest requests (boy do we get some weird requests but hey...it's your business)
Really clean links so Laser stops complaining :pardon:
Customizable fields in the checkout process that can be merged anywhere on forms, contracts, and mastersheets.
Tons more but that's a good start. I'm very excited.

Lastly, I just want to mention some new hires and services that we are about to provide.
Steve has joined the team full time to offer SEO and Web Marketing services. We will be rolling out pricing to our members in the next week. Services will include blogging, article writing and submissions, link building, adword campaign management, keyword analysis, analytics and more. Got a request? Let us know. We will also be offering a done-for-you newsletter service and finally the Mastermind meetings are going to start (I didn't want to pull the trigger until I had something very cool to offer). More info coming soon to an email near you. Make sure you're on our mailing list if you want information. I wish everyone a great 2012 and again thanks to all of our members and friends.
  • Zman118, bellasbouncies, Parties Inc. and 4 others like this

#241852 Internet Retailing 101

Posted by SpiderWebDev on 29 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

SEO Experts.... Yea right

After all that's been written on this forum about SEO, the almighty search engine optimization, I can't believe there are still those that fall prey to the infamous SEO Experts that calls and tells you, "Hey man I was doing some research and came across your site. I can turn your site into monster "pr-gazillion page" and alls you have to do is fork over a measilly few hundred bucks a month". Really?  wow... I'd be crazy not to right? No, you'd just be crazy. Do you really think they researched your site? Does "I have some magic beans for you" ring a bell?

Look hears the truth... I do tons of websites every year, and try to do the best I can with search engine optimization techniques. Do I charge for it? No. Do I advise folks? Yes. But when I do, I tell them the truth. I can build your site on framework that's set up for all the tools you need to get properly crawled by the search engines, I can set all the tags properly, and write descent content, but that's all I can do. Once it's all said and done "You" are the only person who can press the fight forward in keeping your pages in a reasonable position in organic search results.

Uh-Oh! D's on a rant... Yes I am because I'm sick of hearing sad stories from clients who have spent hundreds and thousands with so-called SEO Experts who promise page-rank this and page-rank that. Does anyone bother to actually read what Google has to say about how they return organic results? It sure doesn't seem like it. And do you actually think that someone who has absolutely no experience in running a party rental company can do a better job than you in determining what needs to be done to have your information out there? Let's face it, the answer is obviously a resounding "NO"!

Here are the are the facts, today's search engines are incredibly intelligent and getting smarter everyday. If someone even mentions the word "page-rank" just assume they have their head stuck in the nether regions of their rear end, and move on. Example: Oh my website has a page rank of bla bla bla. Really? Interesting... who says? And what is it ranked for? Let's face it on any given page on your site there are multiple keyword phrases that you would hope would trigger your page being returned in an organic result. Do you see anywhere on Google where they return reports about your so-called page-rank? No, because that's so far in the past, that concept it's ridiculously funny. I would submit to you, that if you do not have Google analytics properly tracking your site and you have your Google webmaster tools account feeding info into your analytics account, you have  no idea what's really going on with your site. You say' "Oh I hide my IP address and do searches" or "I access some other computer and check out what's up" HOGWASH... If your site is tracking properly you'll find that Google gives you  detailed analysis of your "Position" in the organic results. That position is reported as being from 1 to the 100's. That's "position" folks not page rank. If you look at an organic Google search results page you'll see organic links listed from top to bottom, the top is position "1" and the last one is position "10" or "12" depending on how many paid ads are at the top, and whether Google returns the local business map as well, in which case there may be as few as 5 or 6. In this report, Google never mentions the word page at all, but give your website a specific "average position" for search terms where your site was presented in the organic results. In addition, those search terms are the phrases actually typed into the search box by the users.

I'm here to tell ya folks, with out this info, you could not begin to know what's going on or what needs to be done. For example... I see all different kinds of terms used to describe a simple bounce house on your sites. You know the phrase...."people call them jumpers, moonwalks..bla bla bla, but we just call them fun!": (By the way, if you haven't removed that statement from your site you might want to check those rear-end nether-regions) Well if you study your report, Google will tell you specifically which term is right for your geographic location. In other words, optimize for the language used by your customers. If you spend time and effort optimizing for "Moonwalk Rentals", but the majority of folks are search for Bounce House rentals, I would say "Houston we have a problem!"

Next we look at the report and it says "Bounce House rentals Tulsa" you have a position of "2.5", cool!! I'm on the first page and bouncing between the #2 and #3 position on the first page! ( Yes your position will change on a daily basis) But wait a minute... "Bounce House rentals Broken Arrow" which is right next door and important to my business, it says I have an average position of "32", in other words you're no where to be found. And this goes on for hundreds of search phrases in just a 30 day window! So you tell me... how can a so called SEO expert provide you with any help at all without this extremely valuable information. Even better, how could they possibly move the needle in your organic results with out completely understanding what the reports say? The answer? They can't.

Here's the Gawd awful truth folks... content is king. you want a return for a specific keyword or phrase, it better be mentioned in your content in a coherent way, and it better add value to the person that reads it. (Yes you better start considering the search engine spiders as people because they are smarter that you) The day of the one line product descriptions are over. You better learn to write at least a paragraph for each page or forget it. If you're not taking the time to properly use your social network sites, then hang it up, because those sites are part of how Google sees value in your website. If your customers aren't writing Google+ reviews, if your friends on facebook are not engaging in the conversation and postings, well alls I can say is "You got a lot of 'splaining to do Lucy!"

Ok ok I'm done... Here's my last bit of advice. Get your site hooked up properly with Google. Let them tell you what needs to be done. Find your real place in the market. And the next time some clown calls you about how they're going to make your website an SEO wonderland... just set the phone down (not on the hook) walk away and just let them talk. Go wash your car. Pet your dog. Or hey, go for a walk... at some point they will just go away.

All the best

• coastal, AtlantaLarry, CapitolOnlineAuctions and 3 others like this

#226047 4 Year Anniversary Today

Posted by cf1203 on 16 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Today marks our 4 year anniversary.  We have learned a lot of things about the business.  Made some money, spent ALOT of money, but overall have enjoyed every bit of it.  We thank the good Lord for looking after us these 4 years and look forward to many more!!!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't open an indoor place on a limited budget and make it!!!

• AHB, Brian S., bellasbouncies and 3 others like this

#206507 How Much Is That Doggy In The Window?!

Posted by Amanzi on 01 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

All props to Galaxy to make this project a huge success.  I got a call on January 22  from the BBC America for an event here in Austin.  They wanted to drape a mock up of a English Bulldog over a mechanical bull (REALLY??).  I immediately told them we can build them a mechanical bull dog.  I contacted my friends at Galaxy and within a week we had the project signed off with BBC America.  Under a very tight schedule Galaxy came threw and we are ready for our 2 day  and 22 hour event next weekend.

Thanks again to Robin and your team.!!!!

• Galaxy America, B N, AtlantaLarry and 3 others like this

#199656 Rich, Stop Spamming My Facebook!

Posted by The Bounce House on 12 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

Rich, I'm not amused. The only thing less-amusing than Howie Mandel on a talk show is being tagged on Facebook for something that I'm not a part of.

Step one: remove tag
Step two: delete friend

Problem solved.
  • Galaxy America, AtlantaLarry, Mr. Inflatables and 3 others like this

#186214 Labeling Your Moonbounces

Posted by B N on 16 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

I use the thick black sharpie or a white paint pen on the bottoms. This came up this week, I got a shipment in from Ninja and blew them up but didnt mark all of them (in a rush I guess) and took a lady Dora instead of Disney Princess. Well when I blew it up I was like ah sh!t until the little girl ran to her mom screaming yea thank you mommy for Dora she's my favorite. LOL. From there it was a wink and a nod and a smile
  • The Starz, JLMnwlks, bouncegeorgia and 3 others like this