9 replies to this topic

#1 dangar1999

dangar1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:54 AM

Hi All,

I was introduced to the business side of bouncehouses by someone I recently met who wanted to partner with me. He has a lot of experience, a dozen bouncehouses in storage and i have NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER. (he was going to do the setups and I the marketing as I do seo and can easily generate business) I did, however, purchased a used combo with blowers as well as accessories (tarp, cleaning materials ect) as I figured we could use it to rent as well as i can use it with my 4 year old son. Since the purchase my experienced "partner" has disappeared (he also didn't actually have any bouncehouses).

When i first purchased it we put it up for a day and it seemed to work fine (fully inflated no issues). I tried to put it up myself afterwards and had trouble (seemed like there wasn't enough air to keep everything fully inflated (part of main house would collapse often and i would have to go in a prop it up several times)) 

I left it for a couple of months and last week put it back up ("partner" came over and helped) and still had the same problem. (first time it worked he had someone else with him that works daily in the business)  I don't see any obvious leaks, but then again i'm not sure i would recognize the difference between a leak and the normal air.

My questions.....

How does one diagnose why it won't inflate properly? It could be user error (only time it worked 100% was when the "real" professional did the setup)

Once this is resolved where do i find info on operating the business properly (figured i could hire someone to setup and teardown)

My ultimate goal is to gain experience renting the one combo and ranking my website, I will then rank sites in other cities so others in the business can have a resource for cheap leads, but first things first I want to know what the heck i'm doing first.

any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 Mr. Inflatables

Mr. Inflatables

Renting Inflatable Movie Screens Earns Me Most $$$

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4358 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

zipper is open

#3 ADB

ADB

Has No Life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2635 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

purchased a used combo with blowers

How old is the unit?  You stated that it came with blowers, plural?  How big is this combo?

#4 moonrockrod

moonrockrod

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Left it out for a couple of months ??????????

There are 3 distinct possibilities why your unit isn't fully inflating.

1. There is a zipper or tube somewhere that has been left open.  

2. The blower or blowers you are using, whether they came with the unit or not, are not powerful enough for the size of the unit you are inflating.

3. You have a bad blower.  (rare, but it does happen)

Regardless, you are wasting effort and time with just one unit.  I would sell it and get out before you lose any more money.

I have 12 units, and I still can't really afford to have someone go out and do it all.  Remember, you can make yourself busy and still not make money.

This is a unique business, and you really need to know what your getting yourself into, before your out a ton off money, and your back is broken.

#5 dangar1999

dangar1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the help trying to diagnose, i appreciate it.!

I'm not really sure the actual size - image is here - http://bouncehousepr...570968893_o.png

I have 2 of the following air blower pumps - FJ2-38C - https://www.bonanza..../like/481736928 (It came with unit I bought used) - Not sure this is enough!

I know of 2 zippers (1 on side near blowers and one in front on bottom of slide) where else should I look?

my immediate goal is to just use it for my 4 year old and a few friends

#6 gardnergirl2

gardnergirl2

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

Other more learned voices may chime in, but I don't think that blower is powerful enough. It says it's a 1.25 and the pic looks like a blower that you would use on a non commercial unit. However, I will readily admit there are tons of people here with lots more knowledge than me.

#7 dangar1999

dangar1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

It is 1.5 and I have 2. I looked everywhere and couldn't find any zipper or other areas open and no tears. I think it may very well be that these blowers are not big enough. any idea of what i should get? how big? and where do i buy from that is reliable and reasonably priced. 

#8 moonrockrod

moonrockrod

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

One 1.5 blower is sufficient for that unit. There is no need to have more than one blower on it. Tie off the one tube.

#9 ADB

ADB

Has No Life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2635 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Not knowing exact size of the inflatable, I would assume that, that particular unit would have used a 1 HP blower when it was new.  Even a 1.5 HP should be able to suffice if it was older (because stitching starts to stretch).

*A life of an inflatable isn't necessarily based upon years, it has to do how many hours it has been inflated and/or used or abused. Since also over capacity will stretch stitching.

Not all blowers are created equal, they can have the same HP, but if a cheap blower isn't engineered correctly air output will not be the same.

Look for B-Air brand or Tool King brand (others may chime in about a reputable brand to suggest).

I am assuming that the seller of this item knew this inflatable was on it's last leg and dumped it to an unsuspecting buyer.  Most backyard inflatables should only need one blower.  Having to use two blowers is a tell tale sign.

#10 dangar1999

dangar1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:26 AM

Will/Can using 2 blowers on an inflatable that only needs only one blower cause part of the inflatable to not inflate? On the surface of it this doesn't seem to make sense, however, if its blowing too much I would assume that stitching could be expanding too much which is causing excess air loss? I didn't get a chance to test it this weekend as I had a lot of other commitments the last couple days but I will try to 1 blower over the next week.

I got it from a seller that owned a daycare center who used it a few times a year (he purchased it used). He did, however, buy the 2 blowers new. He had sold his daycare and the new owners didn't want it.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users