Attached File  propaganda.jpg   51.84KB   0 downloads

#2 BlasterBouncer.com

BlasterBouncer.com

Chief Bottle Washer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

My best guess would be that they are going with what sells.  The rest of the world is interested in revolutions around the world.  Americans are notoriously not interested in global news.  I can't speak for Canadians, but I would bet that the percentage of Americans that know what's going on in Egypt right now is fairly low.  Sure, there's still revolution brewing in the Middle East, but wasn't that last year's news?  Did you hear what Stallone said about Bruce Willis?  Oh, snap!

I'm not seeing conspiracy, I'm seeing magazine sales.

• Galaxy America likes this

#3 Mr. Inflatables

Mr. Inflatables

Renting Inflatable Movie Screens Earns Me Most $$$

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

that would be a good fight Sly Vs. Bruce...  no brainier who is standing after this one...  the ITALIAN STALLION!!

#4 Karscotdotcom

Karscotdotcom

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Aren't they geriatrics now? ha..ha

#5 BlasterBouncer.com

BlasterBouncer.com

Chief Bottle Washer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

LOL!  Yeah, with all that plastic surgery, even a light brawl would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to repair.

Egypt is in full revolution again....   OR

Did you hear that Jennifer Aniston said that strip clubs are icky!  Oh no she didn't....

#6 Karscotdotcom

Karscotdotcom

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

An interesting article particularly when you look at the involvement of the IMF and when you consider the history of the middle east region and the involvement of Washington, the jackals and others. I was living in England during the incidence of Nasser and the Suez Canal Crisis and remember it well.

Bottom line is Things are not always what they seem and revolutions are usually because there is something to revolt against. I believe we will see many revolts here in N. America in the not too distant future.
http://www.globalres...p-detat/5341671

I admit though I do enjoy watching Sly and Willis.  Your comments on Jennifer were completely over my head so I did a search and now I understand
http://www.youtube.c...43L7Y9pkA#at=53

#7 HEC BRIAN

HEC BRIAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

While most Americans probably don't have all of the details regarding what's happening in Egypt, I think the vast majority do know something is happening.  With the overwhelming ability of the media to flood us with information, unless you're completely unplugged from the world, how you could you not know?  The reality is that most Americans simply aren't interested unless the situation affects them personally.  It's true that most Americans are basically uninterested in what happens outside of the US.  The same thing can be said for the citizens of many other countries when it comes to their interest in what happens here in the US as well.  

For many people, there's only so many hours in the day and most of us just aren't willing to invest the time it takes to become well educated in things that don't impact us directly in our daily lives.  And if there is any spare time left after commuting back and forth, working all day, running a business, spending time with the kids, spending time with the spouse, taking care of the house, maybe squeezing in a little social time with friends, most people would rather read or watch something that they find entertaining as opposed to the endless amounts or problems that always seem be taking place throughout the world.  For some people it's celebrity news, for others it's sports.

I don't know if this is good or bad, I guess it depends on your perspective.  And Stallone would take Willis every single time, unless maybe they were playing chess.

#8 Karscotdotcom

Karscotdotcom

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Does that mean Stallone is dumber than Willis?

Thanks for your input Brian, discussion and opposing insights are always good and give us a balance of views which can only make us better informed, I admit I do have more time, well if I'm honest its not that I have more time than most, its more that I enjoy reading and researching trying to balance what the mainstream show and tell us compared to alternative news. Its been said that "ignorance is not bliss, its the cause of most of our problems". In 1991 when the first invasion of Iraq was commencing and was televised relentlessly on CNN and other major networks, the coverage was even more intense than the Vietnam war nightly news. I watched them intently and believed them. By 1994 I had completely changed my views on many aspects of the past 150 years and beyond of both sanitized history, and current news.

I do agree that current lifestyles take up a tremendous amount of our time, ironically I vividly remember reading a magazine article back in the mid 60s which projected that as technology advanced, by the year 2000 a lot of the manual work would be automated and people would work less each week, I think they even spoke of a three day work week and that we would all enjoy a lot more leisure time, oh and that most diseases would be a thing of the past. 

That was at a time when only 24% of women with children under age 18 worked outside the home, most were like Mrs. Cleaver (remember Leave it to Beaver?), now the figure is 74% as it takes two incomes to provide anywhere close to the same lifestyle and many are working two jobs. I remember thinking at the time that with all that spare time I would have on my hands I would be able to invest in a boat and spend lots of time with the family. Ha..ha so much for that eh?

I will share this with you all since I found it interesting and I know a few of you were discussing the issue last year, but I won't comment since I know little about Obamacare (got enough worrying about myriad of Canadian taxes etc.). But whenever I see the word "bubble" it gets my attention.

http://www.realecont...er-bubble-.html

And speaking of bubbles I have now read a dozen articles on the 441Trillion dollar interest rate derivatives bubble which could burst if interest rates begin to climb all indications are that they may very well climb. http://www.silverbea...13/number.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users