Photo

Internet Retailing 101

Best Answer SD Bouncers , 28 September 2015 - 09:48 PM

Worked like a charm! Thanks (again) for the helping out, I really appreciate your willingness to share your expertise with rookies like me...

Go to the full post

139 replies to this topic

#121 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

Remember to change your title tags!!!   title="Castle Combo"   ;-)

• Randyplage likes this

#122 SD Bouncers

SD Bouncers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:48 PM   Best Answer

Worked like a charm! Thanks (again) for the helping out, I really appreciate your willingness to share your expertise with rookies like me...

#123 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

Hey Gang,
Important notice!! If you haven't been keeping up with the changes at ERS; a few weeks ago they started a server upgrade to much faster equipment. Those of you on ERS that have been lacks (read lazy) in your admin duties, you need to update your IP address settings at your domain name registrar. I have found and fixed a number of sites just today that were down because this simple task was not completed. Open your ERS admin page and if your site update has not completed you'll see a big full screen notice with instructions on how this is to be done. They even offer to do it for you. You just have to act on it. If your site is down, shame on you...

#124 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:49 AM

OMG when the SEO experts start using your sites as examples of what you should be doing, you know you're doing something right!

https://www.youtube....h?v=INotj-j634w

Congrats to Kevin @ AustinMoonwalks,com and Jason @ BounceAroundAustin.com

Yea! My Guys!!!

• My Bounce House Guy LLC likes this

#125 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

Here's the latest from Spider Web Development: http://spiderwebdev.com/services.html

Custom 3D Modeling of any inflatable. You can get a copy of this Ninja C7 Combo with your logo or preferred graphics. Grab it with your cursor and tip it over and take a look inside.

Enjoy....

#126 Mr. Inflatables

Mr. Inflatables

Renting Inflatable Movie Screens Earns Me Most $$$

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4358 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

Here's the latest from Spider Web Development: http://spiderwebdev.com/services.html

Custom 3D Modeling of any inflatable. You can get a copy of this Ninja C7 Combo with your logo or preferred graphics. Grab it with your cursor and tip it over and take a look inside.

Enjoy....

how much?

#127 Amanzi

Amanzi

Texas Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

Mr Inflatables you can just code your own

#128 pall2509

pall2509

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:29 PM

and then offer for free to people who purchase, novel idea!

• Amanzi likes this

#129 Mr. Inflatables

Mr. Inflatables

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4358 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:07 AM

and then offer for free to people who purchase, novel idea!

incorrect again padawan, on the contrary I thought it was a novel idea to feel it out to see how much I could charge for this same service

Mr Inflatables you can just code your own

Yes, absolutely correct Amanzi, but better. Not just "fly over" video like spiderman exampled. I can do a "fly over" and "fly through" video.. check my video below. I even simulate the bounce.. 

Edited by Mr. Inflatables, 22 February 2016 - 03:10 AM.

#130 Amanzi

Amanzi

Texas Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:49 AM

I am sure Spiderman can code a fly through too.

How much?
  • Amanzi likes this

#131 Mr. Inflatables

Mr. Inflatables

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4358 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

come on no credit for the softer less rigid lines?

#132 pall2509

pall2509

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:12 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.co...614/747/049.gif

• Amanzi and Mr. Inflatables like this

#133 Mr. Inflatables

Mr. Inflatables

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4358 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:57 AM

i luv me some "golf" clap.... thank you .. thank you

#134 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:05 PM

Sheesh! ya get busy and leave the door open for while and look what crawls out of the woodwork...

• RogerH and allstarinflatables like this

#135 Mr. Inflatables

Mr. Inflatables

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4358 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:08 AM

Sheesh! ya get busy and leave the door open for while and look what crawls out of the woodwork...

yeah... yo mamma

#136 P-Z

P-Z

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:53 AM

Looks good Dave!

#137 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just checked into the forum today and realized I've been away far too long. I had a bunch of inquiries in my inbox, so my apologies for my lack of response. I changed my email address last year and the system stopped sending my updates. Anyway, I'll try to do better at checking in here, so if you have questions that need answering, please post them hear. Advice is still free, I just charge ya if you want me to do it ;-)

I have a new phone number too, so you can reach me directly at (918) 817-9189 or at dave@spiderwebdev.com

All the best!

#138 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

Tips for Writing Great Product Descriptions

One of the most common problems I see (and hear from website owners) with party rental websites, is the lack of strong product pages. You'll hear every where how important "SEO" is for a website and practically nothing about "Conversion". But the truth be told, if you have a site that is converting well, most likely it will also have strong search engine placement in the organic results. We hear the same thing over and over again, "I don't know what to write", "I can't write stuff", and the topper... "I don't have time". Well... you need to make time, anybody can write stuff, and if you follow this process you will always have something to write about. All the old methods (read "tricks") for getting good organic placement have gone by the wayside. Techs at Google tell us, "Google no longer even looks at Keyword meta tags due to user abuse, and unless the page has valuable content to the reader, it's chances of good organic placement are nil". So what to do?

The secret to producing valuable content for your product page (Or any other marketing materials) is to use use the feature/benefit process. Once you get the hang of this and exercise that muscle a bit, you will change the way you approach everything on your site. Feature/Benefit writing is a simple process and starts "Before" you start typing on the computer. So here's how it's done in a nutshell...

1.  Pick a product on your site to work on. For my example here, I'll use the Ninja Jump Frozen Bouncer.
  2. Now grab a legal pad, notebook or just a piece of paper and draw a line right down the center of the page. The first column, title as "features". The second column, title as "benefit".
  3. Now take a look at that product image. Do a virtual walk-around in your head. In the first column make a list of all the features of this unit. I'll just name a few, but you'll get the idea...

FEATURES:

• Inflatable ramp at the entrance
  • large netted vent windows all around
  • 15 x 15 bounce area
  • Licensed Disney graphics
  1. Now opposite of each of those features, write "what is the benefit to the customer"

BENEFIT:

• inflatable safety ramp protects kids getting into the unit
  • Netted vent windows keep things cool for the kids and allow parents to see what's going on.
  • Larger bounce area allows for more kids
  • Licensed graphics are exact artwork and legal

So these are just a few but with a little effort I'm sure you can come up with a longer list... Now take each feature and benefit and make it into a complete sentence.... "This unit features an inflatable safety ramp at the entrance to protect excited kids as they scramble to get inside. There are also large netted vent windows that keep things cool for the kids inside, but also allow parents to keep a watchful eye on all activities." By the time you're done you'll have a couple paragraphs of valuable content your customers will appreciate and the search engines will love. Using this method of copyrighting will help increase the conversion rate of your website, and OMG it will improve your organic standings at the same time. Don't try to do all your products at once. Block out regular time in your work schedule to work on the site. Take 4 or 5 units at a time and really give them the attention they deserve. The product page is your last line of defense, your company salesman... give him/her the tools they need to close the sale. So try it out. See if it doesn't change your web presence ;-)

All the best,

#139 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

Google New Policy to Auto Apply Ad Suggestions

I was just made aware of a new policy at Google for Adwords. This policy says Google will "Auto-Apply" Ad suggestions after 14 days if no action is taken. Many of you know my feelings about Google's lack of knowledge and "best practices" for the event rental industry. Here is the link for additional info: https://support.goog.../answer/7498488

Those of you running Adwords campaigns will need to keep a close eye on this as Google's only concern for your campaign is more clicks, not conversions. Just sayin'...

#140 SpiderWebDev

SpiderWebDev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:00 AM

Controlling Your Facebook Posts Images and Company Description

I've asked recently about how to mange the look and feel of your company information when you post a link to your website on Facebook and other social media sites. So hears the little developer secrets that tends to get pushed back on the upper shelves of developer tools. With just  a little bit of added code to your website, you can decide important details like what image is used, post title, and company description when you add a link to your site. This code is known as Open Graph tagging and is part of the "Structured Data" scripts from Schema.org that has become the industry standard for website data information. In the case discussed here, Facebook uses this data to build link information when you post includes a hyperlink to a website. The code is used in additional meta tags like your existing meta tags for Title, keywords, and description. These tags will be for additional properties. The following code can be added to your site's <head> section with the highlighted text in red edited to detail your website. This code directly beneath your existing meta tags.

<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.yourdomai...-icon-image.jpg"/>
<meta property="og:description" content="Bounce House & Party Rentals from Your Company, Your best choice for fun!"/>
<meta property="og:url"content="http://www.yourdomain.com"/>
<meta property="og:title" content="Your Company Name"/>
<meta property="og:image:alt" content="Your Company Primary Service"/>
<meta property="og:type" content="website"/>

Once you add the edited tags to your site you can go to the Facebook developer tools to test it and make sure it displays properly at: https://developers.f...om/tools/debug/

For the image you want to use, Facebook requires the image be at least 200px x 200px in size. Larger is ok, but make it square so it fits their presentation format.

All the best!

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users