• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 totallytikisandbounces

totallytikisandbounces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

I really don't want to pay someone to do our taxes. 2017 was our first year with modest earnings yet substantial costs. Is there a thread or site I can go to get solid information. I purchased 2 inflatables on credit and want to make sure I'm maximizing my deductions for purchase price and finance charges. Thank you in advance.

Matt

• Joryiktisp, CharlesGaf and lindseykq4 like this

#2 moonrockrod

moonrockrod

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

No one wants to pay an accountant, but it’s a yearly expense you should plan for.
It shouldn’t cost you more than $500 and you’ll sleep better knowing it was done right.
Depending on your circumstances, an accountant will complete a Schedule C and file it with your main return.
  • totallytikisandbounces likes this

#3 ADB

ADB

Has No Life

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2636 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:53 AM

You might be able to find classes that goes over business taxes, so you could do it yourself.  But the class might cost as much as paying an accountant. (at least for the first year.) Otherwise I'd also recommend an accountant.

• totallytikisandbounces likes this

#4 pall2509

pall2509

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:32 AM

turbotax?

#5 CFOsales

CFOsales

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

No one wants to pay an accountant, but it’s a yearly expense you should plan for.
It shouldn’t cost you more than $500 and you’ll sleep better knowing it was done right.
Depending on your circumstances, an accountant will complete a Schedule C and file it with your main return.

Sometimes you hurt...      If you guys ever form a Schedule C I am personally going to put you into a Zorb Ball in a van down by the river.         I can create a LLC in 24 minutes in MN.   You all should have your business in an LLC or corp.   It will give you some level of protection.         

#6 moonrockrod

moonrockrod

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

We are an LLC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users