55 replies to this topic

#1 jump-o-leeen

jump-o-leeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

I thought this might be a interesting topic and be able to help people at the same time. If you would, give one and only one piece of advice to someone starting an inflatable buisness. Short and sweet...and to the point. No repeat answers please. Lets see where this takes us!
  • jamesenthan, Mandyzvi, Carnival Party Rentals and 5 others like this

#2 Play N Jump

Play N Jump

Forum Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1835 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

Get insurance! It protects you. If you ever get sued and don't have insurance you can lose everything even if it's proven you did everything right.
  • bubkatbounce, bounce-E-bounce and Ryan4 like this

#3 AkaReaper

AkaReaper

Senior Admin

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7870 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:06 AM

Take a safety course before purchasing your units and learn safety and set up procedures the right way from the beginning, and know what you're getting into.
  • jamesenthan, Ryan4 and Just.A.Jumpin like this

#4 Bounce barn

Bounce barn

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:49 AM

Talk to a lot of people before you buy. About the quality of the equipment your looking at!!!!!

#5 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

Be sure you have time to devote to it. This is not just a weekend gig.
  • Just.A.Jumpin likes this

#6 Cos

Cos

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:21 AM

Know your costs! Know what you will need to spend monthly, quarterly, yearly. Then budget accordingly. This will help you know what you can set aside for advertising, expansion, etc. for the following season.

#7 abc123

abc123

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:40 PM

All the above and take pictures of every job you do at setup. Keep on file. It will show you did spike that moonwalk down, ran the ext. cord so it was not a tripping hazard, there was no tear/hole in the inflatable and so on.... Be sure to have something in the background to prove the picture was taken at that location. It only takes a few minutes with a digital camera and you can download when you get home and save. If the customer ask what I am doing I tell them it is for my website and our insurance requires it.

Edited by abc123, 10 September 2007 - 12:41 PM.

• carnie6, avann34, Flo and 2 others like this

#8 piper1988

piper1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:36 AM

Research your area for competition. Is it saturated or plenty of rooms to grow? Don't just drop your price to "get in the market" Call around and see what everyone else is charging and/or doing. Then do what they do...except.....find a nitch and market the heck out of it to differentiate yourself.

#9 BounceAboutPartyRentals

BounceAboutPartyRentals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3416 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Clean each unit before every set-up and clean them even better after each set-up. We have been doing this painful task for almost 4 years on every unit and they still look new.

And the renters ALWAYS comment on them!
  • Mrupp444 and Just.A.Jumpin like this

#10 dbrigs

dbrigs

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

Newbie advise here, but allow time at each pickup to sell your services to potential customers at the party. So far we've only done a handful of rentals but each time we pick up our units we always have people with questions and thus leading to potential sales. I guess what I'm saying is allow a little extra time to sell your product while your there. That is unless you have 30 units and a bunch of high school kids working for you, then don't worry bout' it rich guy.
  • Carnival Party Rentals and Just.A.Jumpin like this

#11 poposparties

poposparties

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:20 AM

Since this is a business, read books on business and marketing. Talk to a consultant. Learn about the business side.

POPO

#12 BounceAboutPartyRentals

BounceAboutPartyRentals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3416 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:43 AM

Go get a job at McDonalds. All the food you can eat and you get to keep all your weekends from doing set-ups and nights from doing everything a business requires. When you add it all up, a job at McDs will pay much better!

I ment this as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I am thinking about it! lol
  • Mrupp444, Big Bounce Parties and TexasKaty like this

#13 Fun Zone

Fun Zone

Forum Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1587 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

Go get a job at McDonalds. All the food you can eat and you get to keep all your weekends from doing set-ups and nights from doing everything a business requires. When you add it all up, a job at McDs will pay much better!

I ment this as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I am thinking about it! lol

Da Da Da Da Daaaaaa, I'm Loving it!

#14 BlasterBouncer.com

BlasterBouncer.com

Chief Bottle Washer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

Do a complete business plan. Spend some time on it.

#15 hippityhopper

hippityhopper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

Take time explaining safety instructions to customers and make sure they understand what they are signing. Personal experience, as a newbie eager to get business, I wasn't as thorough as I should have been explaning safety instructions and customer responsibilities, but a couple of incidents have occurred thus far, fortunately, I wasn't responsible, but also I realized that I did not cover all aspects of informing the customer about safety practices when using moonbounce, but therein lies opportunities for people to hold you liable. So lessons learned, we're in a fun-delivery business, but never forget that freak accidents do happen, even in the least likely of environments or conditions, ensure that you're alway proactive with respect to safety.

Emeka
  • Mrupp444 and Rob1313 like this

#16 Jumpin' Joey

Jumpin' Joey

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:00 AM

Make sure you have dependable transportation, you don't want those vechicles breaking down.

#17 Crisisituation

Crisisituation

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

Think hard and silently. Ask yourself....what would Jesus do? If your answer is open an inflatable business than go with it. Take it slow and gain all the knowledge you can.
  • TexasKaty, matt82 and Ryan4 like this

#18 Jose'

Jose'

Your thought process determines your life outcomes

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4423 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

See funny how everyone forget the true pusher of your business, so I will go ahead and tell you.

Learn to love Google. Sure everything these guys told if fine but to be honest, without Google, your company just don't exsist. You and your company will peddle until you sink to the bottom. Your arms will get tired. So go ahead wear Google's life jacket, you won't sink I promise you that!

So my advise is.....Google,
  • Mrupp444 likes this

#19 Maximum Dolly

Maximum Dolly

http://www.MaximumDolly.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2118 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

Get Ready to lose every weekend... so if your young there goes going out... or do go out and it makes for some brutal weekends of mixing work and play!
  • Mrupp444 and Rob1313 like this

#20 Mayberry Jumper

Mayberry Jumper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

Don't be afraid to try to do things yourself (like your website, buisness cards, brochures, etc.) It isn't that difficult and saves money versus paying a professional.

Have the right pricing structure for your rentals.
  • planetbouncerentals.com and jamesenthan like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users