vslg1

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1486 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:24 PM

Keeping with the embarrassment theme...allow me to make my entry

I recently purchased a used mod...

I received it about 3 weeks ago...and have never had a chance to see if I got a lemon or not...cause here in Chicago the weather's been non-cooperative...

until today...as many of you know I'm a teacher...so I rushed home afte school which was about 4:00...and decided I'd take on the task...

This mother****** is heavy for someone that weighs all of about 168 wringin' wet...lol

but I did manage to get it up (keep jokes to self)...

and it's in good shape...was full of pine tree needles...so I gave it a good vacumming...and it's good to go...went to get my daughter from pre-school and got back...just in time for a few of the neighborhood kids to ask if they could jump...

no problem...

now it's getting darker...in fact its about 7:30 here...and it's time to pull the big monster down...

HELP

what's the best way to tackle rolling this puppy back up...?
any suggestions before I take on this new daunting task...I'm fairly certain even before starting that taking it down and wrapping it up will be much tougher than unwrapping it and inflating it...

#2 FroGGyJumps

FroGGyJumps

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:04 PM

What I usually do is turn off the blower and go to the front of the Mod and wait until its starts coming down slowly. I then pull on the netting so that the jumper goes down going towards the entrance ramp. I then disconnect the blower. I think with the jumper coming down towards the front the air gets out easier towards the back holes where the blower is connected.

Once down I then pull the roof at the center back towards the blower holes, then the back roof corners. I then pull the top front and top corners back making them as flat as possible. Then I would remove the Panel. By doing it this way, the next time you unroll the Mod it will be easy to put the Panel on the mod. Also by doing it this way the majority of the material will be towards the back of the jumper. With as little material left in the front of the jumper.

When I roll the jumper, I fold in 4s just like how the manufacturer did. I pull one side to the middle, walk on it to remove as much air as I can. Pull the other side to the middle and do the same walk again. Then I fold it in half and walk to the back of the jumper again to try and remove as much air as I can.

Since there will be less material in the front of the jumper compared to the back, because of how I started the folding, it should be easy to start the roll. Starting the roll from the front up to the middle should be easy. Since by the time you get to halfway to about three quarters of the roll you will have a lot of material it should help you flatten and even let more air out of the remaining materials.

Once at the end flap the blower holes over and tie them up. Hopefully its as tight or close to how the manufacturer did when it got to you. :D

But then again...everyone has their own preferrence and techniques on how to do a roll. This is just how I do mine.

#3 Play N Jump

Play N Jump

Forum Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1835 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

We fold ours pretty much the same way Froggy does, EXCEPT we fold in 3rds not 4ths.

#4 Jumping Jamboree

Jumping Jamboree

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:39 PM

I also do ours in 3rds...Use the front step as a guide to make your lines straight when folding otherwise you will have pointed ends...you want the entire roll to be nice and flush so material wont scrape the ground when wheeling it around.

#5 vslg1

vslg1

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1486 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

Okay so is it just that I'm weak...or are these monsters heavy to anyone else less than 175lbs...lol

(perhaps I set myself up to be the butt of several jokes there...)

#6 vslg1

vslg1

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1486 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:29 PM

Okay so is it just that I'm weak...or are these monsters heavy to anyone else less than 175lbs...lol

(perhaps I set myself up to be the butt of several jokes there...)

alright...I've done the best I can at 11:20 at night...I have to imagine the rolls get better the more you do...so I'll give it another go the next time...it was a pretty sloppy roll...and I must admit even though it came to me used...it was roll considerably tighter than I have it...its nowhere near that tight now...

it hasn't even gotten hot here yet...I'm imagining myself sweating away what little weight I've got dealing with these things...lol

#7 Guest_michael82574_*

Guest_michael82574_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

the first time is hard. Tomorrow take it out and inflate it then roll. Do that about 5 times and u will get the hang of it...

If not call me ill explain how to roll it.

#8 FroGGyJumps

FroGGyJumps

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

Im under 175lbs...My Doctor says I should stay around 160lbs. :yahoo:

#9 Guest_AwesomeMoonwalks_*

Guest_AwesomeMoonwalks_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:04 PM

:yahoo: I'm about 260 and need to get down to 220... (I'm 6'3")

That said, delivering to my very first customer wore me out! I had to lie down on the ground and rest for a bit in the middle of setting it up. (I don't recall if I had a good breakfast or not)

Now I make sure to have eaten a good breakfast or lunch so I have the energy... and 4 moonwalks and a slide are manageable, even in the hot Houston summers! (make sure to bring plenty of water, too)

- Nat

#10 Guest_michael82574_*

Guest_michael82574_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:06 PM

LMAO i havent done a rental yet this year. (Weather!!!) I huff and puff going up the stairs i wonder whats gonna happen doing my deliveries.

Hey matt wanna buy a moonwalk? LOL

#11 AkaReaper

AkaReaper

Senior Admin

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7870 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 04:15 AM

LOL, just what I need. I think I'm covered for awhile, plus I'm huffing and puffing typing this out.

#12 JustBouncinAround

JustBouncinAround

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:17 AM

I fold it in 4ths also.

Don't worry Sean, the more times you do it, the easier it will get. Not sure what the Temperature was last night in Chicago, but the warmer it is the easier the vinyl will be to work with it.

Don't worry, keep practicing. It will all work out.

#13 Kinkade Ent.

Kinkade Ent.

Jump For Joy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:34 AM

Sean,

Good to know the mod is in good shape. Did you get any panels with it? Which ones did you get?

Maybe this Sunday you can head out to my place. I plan on putting both my mods up. I can show you how I get them rolled up if you like. Bring the kid(s) and tip a couple back. I think I have a rental or two on Sunday as well.

#14 lifeoftheparty

lifeoftheparty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:46 AM

I roll my mods in 4ths as well, and Bruce is right, in the warmer weather the vinyl is much easier to handle...

Hope it's sunny and warm in Wisconsin this weekend because I plan on pulling all my moonwalks out for a spring scrub, and setting up my new 5-in-1 combo unit...my kids can't wait to see it!!!

#15 JustBouncinAround

JustBouncinAround

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:35 AM

Heidi,

Good Luck and have fun with those. Hope the weather holds out.

#16 lifeoftheparty

lifeoftheparty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:59 AM

Thanks Bruce!

We had some 70 degree weather early in the week, but it's back to 50...good enough for me!!! Can't wait to check out my new combo!!! And I could use a workout to get me back in the moonwalk swing of things!!!

Kids can't wait to get outside either, they were having a ladder-golf tournament in the living room last night!!! WATCH OUT FOR THE TV!! :yahoo:

#17 JustBouncinAround

JustBouncinAround

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:05 AM

Ladder Golf in the Living Room? I guess you adopted my kids. Hockey, Football, you name it in the house.

Enjoy the Great Outdoors.

Post a picture of your new combo.

#18 lifeoftheparty

lifeoftheparty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:56 AM

Yes, you heard me right...Ladder Golf in the living room!!!!

I can't wait to get pictures of the new combo, I'll be sure to post one! I have my first outdoor rental of the season next weekend...oh no, that's a lie, I got snowed on back in Feb!!! :yahoo:
that one was no fun to roll up!!!!

#19 Guest_michael82574_*

Guest_michael82574_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:04 AM

Sean,

Good to know the mod is in good shape. Did you get any panels with it? Which ones did you get?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL The question is which panel didn't he get! Sean got such a great deal I thought his name was Michael for a moment... :yahoo:

#20 JustBouncinAround

JustBouncinAround

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:15 AM

Was a coupon involved?

If not, no Michael. :yahoo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users