2 replies to this topic

#1 BounceBrothers

BounceBrothers

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:38 AM

I am need of something to cart these bigger units around. My F150 worked fine for the bouncers and 16' slide but now I have bigger pieces.

I was leaning towards an enclosed trailer like a 7x14 with a ramp door and then found out I would need a class 4 hitch with the wiring adapter to control the electric brakes for a combined $500ish extra dollars.

Has anyone seen or used a truck hoist?? Just wodering if it would screw up the truck bed or frame when lifting 500+lbs. It's rated to lift 1000.

I like Ed's lift ideas as well.....

Any thoughts? :yahoo:

Attached Files

#2 AkaReaper

AkaReaper

Senior Admin

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7870 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:06 AM

$500 bucks? You are kidding me right? A class 4 is really an over rated 3, you can get one done for about 350 including controller. I'd call around.

Draw tite has a place in Madison Heights where they make the receivers, 142 dollars, plus about 90 for a good brake controller, and another 25 for harness. you could do it in about 2-3 hours with a little help. A lot of harnesses plug into the rear light assemblies, and the only wires to run to the front would be the actual brake control wire.

Oh, 10 bucks for a 7 point connector.

#3 Kinkade Ent.

Kinkade Ent.

Jump For Joy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:18 AM

Yup, Matt's tight on the ball with that one. A class III can EASILY handle a 7 X 14 trailer. Figure with 2 3,500 pound axles your gross weight is 7,000#'s. That's a max of 700 pounds of tongue weight. If all you are hauling is moonwalks and consessions you will never come close to that. Even if you do get a class IV hitch you can buy one for about $200.00 and another $100.00 for the brake controller. If you have a newer truck it will already have the preliminary wiring installed and all you will have to do is plug in the controller under the dash and plug in the 7-way under the bumper. Very easy! If you do have to wire it up manually you will need at least one roll of blue wire to fire up the brakes. You may also have to run a black and red from the battery to the 7-way. Other than that it's all gravy. The hitch is bolted on with 6 bolts. That will take all of 20 minutes if you have to remove the spare tire.

As far as the crane is concerned you will need to heavily reinforce the floor in the trailer if you are going to install it there. In the truck bed you should install it directly to the frame. You could also reinforce the bed and install it wherever you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users