#1 vslg1

vslg1

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1486 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:10 AM

Okay...

so I'm thinking...there are a ton of festivals in and around me each year...and since I'm pretty broke...I'm guessing perhaps I should invest in a slide as I'm certain it would be lucrative ...

Any suggestions on a stand alone slide? How large should it be? Consider safety please...and since I don't have one and have never seen one...how is it that kids can slide down an inflatable...perhaps this is a dumb question, but am I to assume the material that they slide down is of some different material than the vinyl...?

For those with Friedman Insurance...what are their limitations concerning slides...and if they have any...will the slide at their limit be worth it...

Secondly, does anyone have the Twister inflatable...and if so...is it a moneymaker...?

#2 Play N Jump

Play N Jump

Forum Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1835 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:33 AM

Well I can't help with your other questions but as for the slide surface there is a slick "mat" that velcros down and serves as the slide area.

#3 AkaReaper

AkaReaper

Senior Admin

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7870 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:38 AM

Friedman covers up to 20' slides, anything over you have to get special coverage. Not sure about the twister.

#4 trolo5

trolo5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:02 AM

:dance: THUMBS UP TO THE SLIDE. WE HAVE THE L-SHAPED SLIDE-BOUNCE COMBO AND DO ALOT OF SMALL TOWN EVENTS (PAY TO PLAY) AND THE UNIT IS VERY POPULAR. WE HAVE ONE SMALL TOWN OF MAYBE 1000 PEOPLE AND WE CAN COME HOME WITH $1200 FOR A 4-5 HOURS FESTIVAL. YOU WILL BE SWOMPED FOR 3-4 HRS (NO PEE BREAK) MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES.
THE SURFURCE OF THE OUR SLIDE IS A SMOOTH SLIPERY TYPE OF TARP MATERIAL AND THEY SAY(NEVER TRIED IT) BUY SPRAYING ON AMORALL THE SLIDE IS FASTER. WE THINK THE SLIDE IS FAST ENOUGH, WHY INCREASE OUR ACCIDENT PROBABILTY. THE TWO HARD THINGS ABOUT OPERATING THE SLIDE IS KIDS JUMPING FROM THE TOP DOWN AND GETTING KIDS TO GO DOWN ONE AT A TIME. GO FOR IT GOOD LUCK. :yu:

TROLO5

#5 BouncinKidz

BouncinKidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:49 AM

Can you show us a pic of your slide?

#6 Play N Jump

Play N Jump

Forum Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1835 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:15 AM

We use rain-x spray wax on ours every once in a while. Never tried armorall

#7 Guest_BouncingB_*

Guest_BouncingB_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:21 AM

Make sure you get a "front" loader if you want to do festivals. The back loaders usually have a wider sliding surface, but they are harder to man at pay to play events. :yu:

#8 trolo5

trolo5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:39 PM

Can you show us a pic of your slide?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not the best at this computer thing so I'll try. Sorry can't seem to get it done.

go to ADVENTURE-BOUNCE.COM

IT IS THE CASTLE # 2 WITH THE L-SHAPED SLIDE GREAT UNIT VERY POPULAR BUT THE SLIDE IS A BRUTE UNTIL YOU FIGURE YOUR OWN WAY OF ROLLING IT AND HANDELING IT. I HAVE A HAND TRUCK WITH A 2'X2' 3/4" PLYWOOD BOLTED TO THE PLATEFORM AND THEN I HAVE A CUBE VAN WITH TOMMY LIFT (A MUST WITH BIG INFLATABLES) SORRY ABOUT HTE PICTURE. :D

trolo5

#9 Guest_michael82574_*

Guest_michael82574_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

I would say an 18 ft slide would be perfect. plenty big and small enought to handle with 1.5 people LOL

I personally would like to buy a 22ft but i just think you will need some kind of heavy duty mongo mover and a box truck with liftgate. Im not at that point and dont think i want to be.

My 16 ft slide is plenty big for children 3 to 11. I can handle the unit myself too. 330lbs

#10 Guest_A & A Spacewalks_*

Guest_A & A Spacewalks_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:24 AM

I would say an 18 ft slide would be perfect. plenty big and small enought to handle with 1.5 people LOL

I personally would like to buy a 22ft but i just think you will need some kind of heavy duty mongo mover and a box truck with liftgate. Im not at that point and dont think i want to be.

My 16 ft slide is plenty big for children 3 to 11. I can handle the unit myself too. 330lbs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the mongo mover ya'll keep talking about. if you have a harbor freight near you try them they have a mover like it that will support 800 lbs and looks pretty close to the mongo mover, just missing the back/top set of wheels. for 75 it is a great deal about 2.5ft wide with a fold down piece that works great for my slide.

#11 PartyWright

PartyWright

PartyWright.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:52 AM

I have a 20' Accelerator Slide and that allows a lot of through-put with the two lane design. The twister is a great looking slide but it cost so much more than other slides that would be easier to handle.

AJ

Attached Files

#12 AHB

AHB

Forum Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6900 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:57 AM

hey partywright,
who is the manufacture of that slide. how long have you had it. has it been durable and held up well?

#13 PartyWright

PartyWright

PartyWright.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:23 AM

HEC makes this slide. You'll find all their products at www.theinflatablestore.com

I bought this slide in July of 2004 and it has been out at least 20 times and so far, no problems. I friend of mine in SC has had one since 2001 and it is still going strong.

AJ

#14 george cherry

george cherry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

Okay...

so I'm thinking...there are a ton of festivals in and around me each year...and since I'm pretty broke...I'm guessing perhaps I should invest in a slide as I'm certain it would be lucrative ...

Any suggestions on a stand alone slide?  How large should it be? Consider safety please...and since I don't have one and have never seen one...how is it that kids can slide down an inflatable...perhaps this is a dumb question, but am I to assume the material that they slide down is of some different material than the vinyl...?

For those with Friedman Insurance...what are their limitations concerning slides...and if they have any...will the slide at their limit be worth it...

Secondly, does anyone have the Twister inflatable...and if so...is it a moneymaker...?
  I got one this year 20x20 I rent as a game. It is to be rented 4 times this month
at 180. Kids over 10 and once they see it others want it too. A wheel comes with it .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users