11 replies to this topic

#1 Backyard Carnival

Backyard Carnival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:28 AM

Hello All-

My wife and I are small-time players in the fun business and honestly cannot afford the price tag for a Hi-Striker duck pond, so I bought a clearance sale outdoor fish pond pump at Home Depot, made a rectangle out of 4-inch drain pipe, painted it blue, put some plywood & green outdoor grass carpeting on it and came up with a respectable duck/fish pond (I bought the rubber floating fish from here http://www.redbonepr....asp?itemid=115 and it turned out great! The fish move around perfectly, the unit is nearly silent and water-tight and fits easily in our minivan. The water pump was clearanced out for $29, the drain pipe and elbows were about $20 and the rest was stuff (a chunk of plywood, a 4x4 foot piece of outdoor grass carpet), some minor items) that I had laying around. I am enclosing a photo with the hope that it may help someone else.

Cheers!

Kevin

Attached Files

#2 party bounce ks

party bounce ks

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

Great idea , I'm going to make one!

#3 BounceAboutPartyRentals

BounceAboutPartyRentals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3345 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

what is the concept of this game? I have never seen one played.... (I don't get out much)...lol Nice idea on the build...

#4 ADB

ADB

Has No Life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2483 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:30 AM

The Ducks float around and they have an unseen number of the bottom of them. Kids pick up a duck and they get a prize that corresponds with the number.

Good duck ponds have a pump in the water that rotates the ducks so kids can't memorize which ducks are which numbers.

#5 Event Master

Event Master

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

IF you want to build a money maker for events. Build a 6' by 6' tank. I built one out of wood in the past and made a liner to hold water. I put a pump in one corner and make the water go in a circle. Go to redbone and buy the floats and bowls and some ping pong balls and color each bowl. Make 3 colors. Lets say you have 50 bowls. Make 4 of them Red, 20 of them Green and maybe 6 of them blue. The rest keep clear. If they make a ball in the clear they get 3 free balls. If they get it in the green bowl give them a small prize and so on. Clear will have the most bowls in the water and thats 3 free balls. From there you would just color them how you want for what your giving away. Small would have more bowls and the large prize would have less bowls. If they get two smalls then they can trade up for medium. Two medium for Large and you can even have two Large for a bigger prize that you can only win if you trade up. This is a game that the more they trade the more profit you make. A bucket of balls for $10.00 and somegone good on a mic and your in business to make some money. I've done this in the past and made a ton. Right now I only do games once or twice a year so I have not made this game since. But with a crowd you will get more customers than you have space. Next Pumpkin patch I might add this game.

Man don't get me started. lol Games is really where I started. I've made $5,000 in just a day with one game in the past. Way back in the day you could make $20,000 a weekend. You just need to be in the right event and you can make some money with the right game. If you don't do the game right you could lose profit. Before my inflatable days I had games at a small park. they had the rides and I had the games. Sold them everything and be doing inflatables since.

#6 weekend warrior

weekend warrior

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2673 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Listen to EM. He has made me alot of money. I still use his fishing game and it rocks. My fish have died and I plan to buy more. If you want to make money listen to what EM has to say.

#7 dbrigs

dbrigs

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

EM, how many balls do they grt for $10? What type prizes did you give away too? This sounds like fun but we have no experience in prize events. Mahalo

#8 BounceAboutPartyRentals

BounceAboutPartyRentals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3345 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

OK EM, I'm from Alabama....We are more into pictures than words...lol Please post some pics...

#9 jumpingjay

jumpingjay

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

Hello All-

My wife and I are small-time players in the fun business and honestly cannot afford the price tag for a Hi-Striker duck pond, so I bought a clearance sale outdoor fish pond pump at Home Depot, made a rectangle out of 4-inch drain pipe, painted it blue, put some plywood & green outdoor grass carpeting on it and came up with a respectable duck/fish pond (I bought the rubber floating fish from here http://www.redbonepr....asp?itemid=115 and it turned out great! The fish move around perfectly, the unit is nearly silent and water-tight and fits easily in our minivan. The water pump was clearanced out for $29, the drain pipe and elbows were about $20 and the rest was stuff (a chunk of plywood, a 4x4 foot piece of outdoor grass carpet), some minor items) that I had laying around. I am enclosing a photo with the hope that it may help someone else.

Cheers!

Kevin

Nice game! Do you have a picture of it without the plywood top on it so we can see how it all works?

#10 Backyard Carnival

Backyard Carnival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:56 AM

Hello All-

Cheers!

Kevin

Nice game! Do you have a picture of it without the plywood top on it so we can see how it all works?

Hello- Yes- later on this evening, I will post a photo of the underside of the device - it's honestly very simple- the water is drawn in about a foot away from the 'water-out' spot and about $1 worth of PVC hardware store pipe later, you have a great little duck/fish pond. Thanks for your interest. I'll post the photo this evening.

Cheers,

Kevin

#11 Event Master

Event Master

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

As far as how many balls are in a bucket. I don't count them. I just fill a small bucket. Its like 50 balls at the most. The point is to give them suc=h a deal for $10.00 that why would they even buy $1.00, $2.00 or even $5.00. This deal can be done with a ring toss game. I would get a pole and stick a bolt through the end and fill the pole with rings and they would get that for $10.00. I've made some money with a ring toss game. I would get on the mic and tell everyone if they buy a stick of rings I'll let them cheat. They can lean as far as they can. Man I would get a crowd of people.

I'll try to dig up some pictures tonight. I have at least one old one floating around.

#12 Event Master

Event Master

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

Ok here is a picture. Not close up. But you can see I had this when pok e mon was hot. I had $2,000 worth of prizes flashed at all times. It was a big tank of water.
Attached File  gamepicture2.jpg   37.92KB   59 downloads

Edited by Event Master, 04 January 2010 - 06:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users