12 replies to this topic

#1 Bountiful

Bountiful

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Has anyone tried advertising on the back of grocery store receipts? I see car washes, landscaping and oil change company coupons at Kroger all the time. They only take 15 companies to advertise per store on the receipts and guarantee you 275,000 prints per quarter per store. I think it is around $225/mo. for a three month contract and they are offering me three stores (675,000 prints). I see the coupons all the time and use them when I get a car wash. Is it good advertising for the inflatable business? I know that the website is the best, but this might be a avenue to get more traffic to the site.

Here is the websit. http://www.rtui.com/how_it_works

#2 K.E.C. Bob

K.E.C. Bob

Forum Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1879 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

been there , done that , got the tee shirt... not a good result

#3 AHB

AHB

Forum Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6614 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

I never even look at them.

#4 Crisisituation

Crisisituation

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:16 AM

I never even look at them.

I second that. How many times have I gotten my receipt and wondered, "Gee I wonder what kind of swell deals are on the back." NEVER

#5 B N

B N

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2251 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:54 AM

Agreed and with these new self check outs I never remember to take the reciept anyway. If I do go through the regular check out and the cashier hands me the reciept it gets jamed into the back pocket and washed.

But for that price maybe its worth a shot if your ok with spending the money why not.

#6 Bountiful

Bountiful

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Agreed and with these new self check outs I never remember to take the reciept anyway. If I do go through the regular check out and the cashier hands me the reciept it gets jamed into the back pocket and washed.

But for that price maybe its worth a shot if your ok with spending the money why not.

It's the women who usually do the shopping, use coupons, look at receipts and BOOK the parties. I do see your point because I don't use coupons either, but my wife has a coupon book and does all the event planning for our kids. You would also focus on stores where coupons are readily used by those who want to save money and get a deal.

#7 jumpingjay

jumpingjay

Super User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

It's the women who usually do the shopping, use coupons, look at receipts and BOOK the parties.

Sounds like the line that they have given me every time they call me about it.

The only companies that I ever see on there are the chinese and mexican restaurant that no one wants to eat at cause they are gross.

I would pass on the offer, but to each their own.

#8 Bountiful

Bountiful

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:50 AM

It's the women who usually do the shopping, use coupons, look at receipts and BOOK the parties.

Sounds like the line that they have given me every time they call me about it.

The only companies that I ever see on there are the chinese and mexican restaurant that no one wants to eat at cause they are gross.

I would pass on the offer, but to each their own.

They make it sound good and we did pass. Putting funds toward our SEO.

#9 Ted Amberg

Ted Amberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

Places never to advertise:

* On the back of receipts
* On Maps (typically city maps that sell ad space around the edges)
* On a phone directory "cover"
* On sports posters offered to help "support a school"
* TV and Radio (Works for some but very cost prohibitive)
* SEO (Just a joke Laser!)
* Billboards (Again, works for some but at a very high price)
* and my favorite: Unless you are simply doing good for charity never ever pay to be a sponsor of something just so you can get on the back of a T-Shirt. Sure it strokes the ego but will produce almost NO results. I have been on the back of many T-shirts!

Places that DO work:

SEO/your website, Direct mail, online ads (some), door hangers...yes door hangers (if you want to do residential) They are very cheap, full color and have worked really well. The VERY best place is at your actual events! Make sure even if it's just a bounce to have a yard sign that you plant next to the bounce with your logo, number and website. Put your name and number/website on every game you can. Have simple flyers printed up that you leave at your events, These can be attached to the yard sign in a container like they use for real-estate flyers. Your event site is your little "infomercial" and your best opportunity to sell yourself.

Also, I love being in the media. To date we have appeared in well over two dozen newspaper and magazine articles and a bunch of television appearances. How? Good PR. Learn to send out a good press release whenever you can. Reporters are ALWAYS on the lookout for an interesting story. When I was a full time magician I made a big name in the community just from being featured in stories several times a year. Opening an office? Send out a press release. Get a new attraction that separates you from the competition? Send out a press release. Doing a big event for charity? Send out a press release showing your support for the organization. Do this to magazines, local TV stations, newspapers, etc. I promise you will get picked up eventually. And the best part is it's FREE!

#10 Bountiful

Bountiful

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

* and my favorite: Unless you are simply doing good for charity never ever pay to be a sponsor of something just so you can get on the back of a T-Shirt. Sure it strokes the ego but will produce almost NO results. I have been on the back of many T-shirts!

Places that DO work:

SEO/your website, Direct mail, online ads (some), door hangers...yes door hangers (if you want to do residential) They are very cheap, full color and have worked really well. The VERY best place is at your actual events! Make sure even if it's just a bounce to have a yard sign that you plant next to the bounce with your logo, number and website. Put your name and number/website on every game you can. Have simple flyers printed up that you leave at your events, These can be attached to the yard sign in a container like they use for real-estate flyers. Your event site is your little "infomercial" and your best opportunity to sell yourself.

Also, I love being in the media. To date we have appeared in well over two dozen newspaper and magazine articles and a bunch of television appearances. How? Good PR. Learn to send out a good press release whenever you can. Reporters are ALWAYS on the lookout for an interesting story. When I was a full time magician I made a big name in the community just from being featured in stories several times a year. Opening an office? Send out a press release. Get a new attraction that separates you from the competition? Send out a press release. Doing a big event for charity? Send out a press release showing your support for the organization. Do this to magazines, local TV stations, newspapers, etc. I promise you will get picked up eventually. And the best part is it's FREE!

Great Information! Do you have a sample press release you can post? Who would you suggest to print door hangers?

#11 Ted Amberg

Ted Amberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:42 AM

Places that DO work:

Great Information! Do you have a sample press release you can post? Who would you suggest to print door hangers?

I do have a sample press release. Unfortunately it's at the office and I am leaving for St. Louis to do a corporate magic gig. I will post it Monday morning along with the info for my guy who does printing. This guy is great and really cheap. 2500 full color, die cut door hangers for under $100. I will be happy to share.

#12 Magicbounce

Magicbounce

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2251 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

The press release is a great idea, we've also had some great articles. The one problem with the local newspaper is that they're not very particular on specifics. My article said that I talked downed CEC in price....I didn't even buy that particular item directly from CEC. It'd be nice if you could review an article for accuracy before it's published so it doesn't make you look even worse.

#13 Jose'

Jose'

Your thought process determines your life outcomes

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4423 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

Magicguy,
That's real funny.

I like my marketing ideas to travel far with the least amount of work and overhead expense. Here's one of them and it may work for you and it may not, but here it goes.

I have several pizza shops where I pay for all their boxes, and in return, I get to slap one of my business sticker on their boxes. Every time they sell or deliver a pizza, I get to target the City I want to take over.

I do the same for my local bakery shops.

Now, I don't do this anymore because we are really busy. This will work great if you can handle the calls.

Your Marketing should be different, not the "Me too Marketing"

I should do another Marketing seminar...what you guys think?

Laser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users