6 replies to this topic

#1 Skip Smith

Skip Smith

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

We have a NJ module that we have used 1 season and noticed today in the blower tube on the seam the stitching has come out about 1 to 2 inches. It is doubled stitched so no air is leaking, but probably need to figure out a repair before it gets worse.

It is real close to the end of the blower tube and easy access. Looks like the thread has simply come out. I think we could simply sew it back together.

Questions: Anyone done this before and tell me I should try it myself or better to let someone professional fix it? If I self repair it what type of thread do you use and where to get it? Seems like you would need a large needle. Also would anyone recommend putting some of the vinyl glue on it (on the inside seam) to help strengthen it and hold the threads, after we stitch it up?

Not sure if there is any good calling Ninja about this... it does seem we should not have this problem after 1 season.

If I get someone to fix, anyone recommend someone in the Houston TX area.

Thanks

Skip

#2 Magicbounce

Magicbounce

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2251 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

If it's just a seam on the blower tube I would think you could simply put a patch on the outside of it since it sounds like it's just one of the 2 rows of stitching. How many tubes does this model have?

You're right though...this should not be happening in the first year.

For small repairs I've used a sewing awl before..it can come in handy Tandy Leather

Posted Image

#3 the inflatable fun co.

the inflatable fun co.

Has No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

If it's just a seam on the blower tube I would think you could simply put a patch on the outside of it since it sounds like it's just one of the 2 rows of stitching. How many tubes does this model have?

You're right though...this should not be happening in the first year.

For small repairs I've used a sewing awl before..it can come in handy Tandy Leather

Posted Image

A local tarp or awning shop could fix that in about five minutes.

#4 coastal

coastal

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:31 AM

Had the same problem with a castle2 bounce that I purchased from bhouses dotcom, whom either got it from ninja or hec.. It was inside a year old. Both tubes were coming apart. Cost about $50 to have repaired locally. Of all places on a bounce house, why would a blower tube come apart? Cheap manufacturing .......

#5 Skip Smith

Skip Smith

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:03 AM

Can some recommend a place to get the thread to do a self repair? Anything special about the thread in a moonwalk?

thx

skip

#6 goodlo

goodlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:44 AM

Can some recommend a place to get the thread to do a self repair? Anything special about the thread in a moonwalk?

thx

skip

Yes, there are a number of special things about repair thread (ie strength, sunlight and mildew resistance).

Go here:

http://www.sailrite....V-4oz-1-400-Yds

I believe V69 is a standard in the industry. If I am wrong, I am sure to be told wrong by a number of people on the forum.

#7 Fun Zone

Fun Zone

Forum Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1587 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:41 AM

I think tool king sells it ....check there site.

http://toolkingmotor...s.php?wo=110121

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users