4 replies to this topic

#1 Blast Off Bouncers

Blast Off Bouncers

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

I bought a used trailer in the Spring. A few weeks ago, I picked up all of my bouncers and they were soaked. The idiot who owned the trailer prior to me painted the floor with latex paint. When the water seeped out of the bouncers, the floor got wet, the paint peeled off of the floor, and there is paint on the bases of my bouncers. Most of it cannot be seen when they are inflated, but there are some spots (some are large) on the visible portion of the exterior base where the paint is visible when inflated.

I have used goof off, but it does not work well. I am thinking of using paint thinner, but I am not sure if this will damage the vinyl. Any suggestions?

#2 Jumpin Fun

Jumpin Fun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

Try xylol in paint depart at lows

#3 Bountiful

Bountiful

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1104 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

That makes me sick to even read. That sucks! Did you try a magic eraser with goof off? I would be afraid that the paint thinner would damage the vinyl.

#4 Blast Off Bouncers

Blast Off Bouncers

Forum Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

Thanks guys! I was worried about paint thinner or other solvent ruining the vinyl. I thought about trying rubbing alcohol (I think it would be safe). I will try Xylol first, then the rubbing alcohol.

#5 Repair Guy

Repair Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

I use paint thinner on the vinyl all the time to remove duct tape residue followed by rubbing alchohol to reomve the thinner residue prior to patching repairs. I have never had any problems with the vinyl. Thinner and PVC are both oil products and tolerate each other well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users