Photo

Inflatable Inspections In Texas

Inspections Texas state inspections inflatable inspections safety inspections insurance

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Spoiled Rotten

Spoiled Rotten

I am suing nate for patent infringement!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1646 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

I think it is $1 mil for inflatable only vendors. If you have trains or other such rides it is 1.5 mil. If you have a mechanical bull it is $2 mil.

#22 Amanzi

Amanzi

I work for fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

I think it is $1 mil for inflatable only vendors. If you have trains or other such rides it is 1.5 mil. If you have a mechanical bull it is $2 mil.

correct, that is the TDI requirements

#23 Fun Times Party Dallas

Fun Times Party Dallas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

There is an article from The Houston Chronicle explaning that TDI cannot enforce there rules regarding bounce house inspections.  They pass there complaints off to the Attorney General and the Attorney General passes it of to the local athorities.  Being that it is a Class B misdemeanor they usually do not follow up.  We have a long up hill battle to fight.  Hope it all works out soon.

Google Houston Chronicle Bounce House Inspections to see the article

#24 gbassoc

gbassoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

$1million for inflatable. And $1.5 million for rock walls, bulls etc. I called Marco at TDI to confirm.

#25 gbassoc

gbassoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

I called TDI to confirm this. $1m for inflatable operators. $1.5m if have rock walls, mechanical bulls etc.

#26 pmagic

pmagic

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

They are starting to enforce this more.  That makes me really happy as I have been compliant since the first few months of this law.  The insurance part wasn't a big deal as I already carried a 2 mil policy before it was required.  The inspections are costly and a real pain, but I do agree with the regulations.  The only problem had been that it seemed to be selectively enforced.  There were some really big companies not complying and nothing was happening to them. 

I think enough of us complained and wrote our local news stations frequently enough about it that they finally felt the pressure to enforce across the board.  I know a really big company that has avoided it the last several years has recently become compliant and so have a lot of smaller companies that were not. 

It just needs to be a level playing field and if some have to comply all should.  It is really hard to compete with companies that don't pay out even a fraction of what you do and are operating illegally within the state.

#27 Tcoody

Tcoody

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:11 AM

I have 20 units now and I am DO NOT look forward to paying out $40 per for inspection and another $40 for the state each year.....

that is $1600 PER YEAR

add in $1000 for insurance and it adds up.

That being said I do pay the cost as I intend to be aboveboard and love to point out that we are.(it is printed on our truck) When people call I inform them that if they do not go with us to please make sure whoever they go with is insured and inspected.

#28 kenmartin

kenmartin

Safety Consultant / Inspector

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

The person doing the inspection should also be insured. TDI should require this of all inspectors.

#29 Amanzi

Amanzi

I work for fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

The person doing the inspection should also be insured. TDI should require this of all inspectors.

Is that not the case right now?

Interesting, since I cannot think that the inspector will be without insurance himself??

#30 Amanzi

Amanzi

I work for fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

I called TDI to confirm this. $1m for inflatable operators. $1.5m if have rock walls, mechanical bulls etc.

For a mechanical bull you must carry 1.5 million per occurrence or have the Texas split limit endorsement listing 1 million for bodily injury and 500k for property damage.

The only other way is to have an umbrella or excess policy for the additional required coverage. 

#31 kenmartin

kenmartin

Safety Consultant / Inspector

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

Is that not the case right now?

Interesting, since I cannot think that the inspector will be without insurance himself??

TDI does not require Professional Liability insurance.  That means if you inspector tells you to do something and it casues an injury you have no recourse against the inspector. You should hear some of the horror stories I have heard.

#32 gbassoc

gbassoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

FYI, before you hire an inspector make sure they are not only on the TDI list. But, approved by your insurance underwriter also. We have done inspections this month that another inspector did and when it was forwarded to underwriter they would not accept it. I am not going to name any names but please make sure and check with insurance before hiring someone. Can save you a lot of money and time.

Glynn Barclay & Associates,Inc. is approved with most insurance companies that do business in Texas. But please call and check first. We can be reached at 210-656-9080 or 281-635-1987.

#33 Tcoody

Tcoody

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hi Guys,

To the people in Texas that do not use Glynn, I will put in a good word for him as I have had him out many times to inspect out new units

And Glynn, see you Friday looks like we may have about 14, but will call on Thursday to confirm numbers and units.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inspections, Texas state inspections, inflatable inspections, safety inspections, insurance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users