5 replies to this topic

#1 tysonfish

tysonfish

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

Where can you buy just the tub for a dunk tank?? 300-400 gallon?

#2 AHB

AHB

Forum Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6642 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

Check tractor supply website, they might have them or another type of feed and seed store.

#3 BounceAboutPartyRentals

BounceAboutPartyRentals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3346 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

If you call Twister Display at 800-637-3656, they will price you just the tub. It is rather high for just a tub (around $1000) but it will have the window already installed. I am about to bit the bullet and order a Easy Dunker 2 Conversion Kit for the spring loaded seat for $600. That is sort of steep for just a latch but I hate the old vise grips we use now. Looks home-made and works when it wants to.

#4 tysonfish

tysonfish

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

If you call Twister Display at 800-637-3656, they will price you just the tub. It is rather high for just a tub (around $1000) but it will have the window already installed. I am about to bit the bullet and order a Easy Dunker 2 Conversion Kit for the spring loaded seat for $600. That is sort of steep for just a latch but I hate the old vise grips we use now. Looks home-made and works when it wants to.

I just picked up a Dunk Tank (old style with the vise grip for 1k)....needs a little cleaning, but otherwise in good shape. Already have it booked twice (picked it up yesterday!!) The tank is a 400 gallon fiberglass in pretty good shape....a fresh coat of paint will go a long way.

#5 BounceAboutPartyRentals

BounceAboutPartyRentals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3346 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:47 AM

I just picked up a Dunk Tank (old style with the vise grip for 1k)....needs a little cleaning, but otherwise in good shape. Already have it booked twice (picked it up yesterday!!) The tank is a 400 gallon fiberglass in pretty good shape....a fresh coat of paint will go a long way.

I picked mine up used also. I painted the tub blue (was purple) but it keeps scratching up. The frame is in great shape, only needed rewiring and new tail lights. But I still hate the vise grip latch. We were at a church event with it last week and the pastor kept complaining about it so my son and I stayed there with it to keep him happy. Once you get the hang of how to latch it, it works pretty good, but it is a ROYAL PAIN.I paid $350 for my Dunk Tank from another rental company ( they got a new one)and have rented it out 9 times in 3 months.($100.00 each rental) I take great pride in ALL my units EXCEPT this one. This is why I was thinking about getting the new spring loaded latch seat.($600)

Let me know how the paint job goes on the tub. I would suggest new paint but same color. This way when it scratches, it will not be as noticeable.

#6 tysonfish

tysonfish

Intermediate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:00 AM

Our vise grip seems to be in pretty good working order.....As far as the paint goes, the tank was a dirty white (fiberglass), so I cleaned it, primed it with "Gripper Primer", then 2-3 coats of a quality exterior latex (teal colored). Hopefully the paint will hold up better on the fiberglass as opposed to the plastic tanks. I'll post up pics when the refirb is done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users